Here are a few thoughts I would like to share. Please feel free to comment and expound. Yes, you can vent!
1. What are your feelings about the many gun shows with limited or no background checks for individuals to purchase assault weapons? Yes, you have a right to bear arms, but do you feel this is the right way to do it and do you feel safe?
2. There were many “Tea Parties” last week. Did you participate and if you did can you share your experience? What message do you want to send to this Administration and Congress?
3. What can the U.S. do to protect the freighters on open waters against piracy? Are they doing all they can do? What should be done to the pirates once apprehended?
4. Were we sold a lie when we voted in state lotteries? If they are so great and contribute so much to our school system, why are our schools in such a mess financially?
5. Why do we pay sports figures so much? Wouldn’t it be better if they were paid based on their production and not just because they have a contract? More of an incentive-based pay structure. Baseball, basketball and football players should be paid more like golfers. If golfers don’t play well, they don’t get paid. That’s an incentive!
6. Ever scramble to get to a scheduled doctors appointment and then sit for an hour? Maybe we should receive compensation or a reduction on our bill when you wait more than 15 minutes. What do you think?
7. Why are drivers terrible everywhere? Are we too busy and distracted to grant courtesy to other drivers? What about just being safe on the roads today?
8. It kind of bugs me that sports figures claim they are not role models. Well, no matter what you say, kids will try to emulate everything you do. So whether you like it or not, you are a role model. But what kind of a role model are you?
9. Have you ever noticed when watching television that all the commercials are synchronized? It is a conspiracy to stop viewers from channel surfing. I still surf!
10. Why do so many people in Hollywood, especially many women, love the bad boy example of men? What happens to all the good guys?
11. What has happened to customer service? Yes, the economy is bad and unemployment is at record levels, but it seems that common courtesy and customer service would help bolster business especially in this competitive environment.
12. Why is it that in any given sport, the final match is never as good as the playoffs? Makes you wonder how some teams got there in the first place.
13. What has happened to homeowner associations today? They have got some of the most ridiculous rules. You can hardly be yourself anymore. Oh, OK, now I see why that could be a problem. Just kidding!
C’mon, share your thoughts and feel free to vent about these or other thoughts. Talk to me.